This year, the European Sustainable Development Week will take place from September 18 to October 8. Launched by France in 2003 and having become European event since 2015, it aims to mobilize support from as many people as possible around the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) included in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations. Goals that Servier actively shares.
The United Nations 2030 Agenda is a universal program for sustainable development, which aims to transform the world by eradicating poverty and inequality by ensuring its ecological transition and solidarity by 2030. Consequently, 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) have thus been set. They cover the full range of development issues which require urgent action at all levels by all key players in society, in all countries, such as: climate, biodiversity, energy, water, poverty, gender equality, economic growth as well as agriculture, education, etc.
The 2021 edition of the European Sustainable Development Week encourages stakeholders to organize initiatives in line with the 17 SDGs. Actions which for the most part, Servier has already set itself apart, through its ambitious CSR approach.
Servier in line with 10 Sustainable Development Goals
As a socially responsible company that is more committed than ever, Servier strives to generate a positive impact and create shared and sustainable value. This is evidenced by the CSR approach that the Group has incorporated into its strategy, which is structured around four priority areas of commitment:
- Promoting access to high-quality innovative therapeutic solutions to as many people as possible (“EcoDesign by Servier” program)
- Caring about its employees by ensuring the health and safety of teams, as well as the quality of life at work, while promoting diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities (“#ServierDiversity” program)
- Strengthening its positive footprint towards communities and regions, while helping to protect the environment and combat climate change (“Servier Local Shared Value” and “Servier Climate Commitment” programs)
- Establishing a balanced and mutually respectful relationship of economical and ethical commitments in all interactions with its stakeholders (“Servier 1st class partner” program)
These ambitions are now fully aligned with five SDGs that are a priority for the Group:
- SDG 3 – Good health and well-being
- SDG 5 – Gender equality
- SDG 8 – Decent work and economic growth
- SDG 12 – Responsible consumption and production
- SDG 13 – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Through its activities, Servier participes in five other SDGs, which contribute to the development of its projects:
- SDG 6 – Clean water and sanitation
- SDG 7 – Affordable and clean energy
- SDG 9 – Industry, innovation, and infrastructure
- SDG 10 – Reduced inequalities
- SDG 15 – Life on land (protect and restore ecosystems)
Servier, always mindful of its footprint in favor of sustainable development, intends to meet to the many major challenges ahead, on a daily basis, for a sustainable future.
|“The Group’s social commitments are a clear expression of our values, but also of our conviction of the importance of the contribution of companies to meet the challenges of the planet and its communities. This responsible approach also guarantees the company’s sustainable performance.” Vincent Minvielle, Servier CSR Director|