The story of a changing Group
Since 1954, Servier has been renowned for its quality and excellence in science and medicine
Since 1954 when Servier opened its first laboratory in Orleans, it has been renowned for its quality and excellence in science and medicine. The growth of the company, initially across France and then throughout the world, has picked up pace in recent years, driven by the wholesale transformation of the business.
This marks the start of a new chapter in our history, as we step up innovation to benefit health care now and in the future.
Creation of a laboratory in Orleans by Jacques Servier. One year later, the company launches its first two medicines (an antihypertensive and an antidiabetic).
Construction of the first production unit in Fleury-les-Aubrais.
Opening of a Servier Research Center in Suresnes.
Start of international expansion with the creation of our first subsidiary in London.
Construction of the Gidy “factory village” in the Loiret department of France.
Creation of the Fondation Internationale de Recherche Servier (FIRS).
Construction of the first production facility outside France in Arklow, Ireland.
First external growth operation, with the acquisition of a 51% stake in the Hungarian company Egis Pharmaceuticals. Servier acquired the remaining 49% of Egis Pharmaceuticals in 2013.
Creation of Biogaran, the leading producer of generic medicines in France since 2019.
Acceleration of our international expansion by opening the production facility in Tianjin, China.
Relocation of the Head Office to Suresnes, France.
Death of Jacques Servier. Olivier Laureau becomes the President of the Group and the Fondation Internationale de Recherche Servier (FIRS).
Servier embarks on an in-depth transformation to bolster innovation and enhance performance.
Acquisition of the oncology branch of Shire laboratory as the Group enters the US market.
Acquisition of Symphogen, our antibody center of excellence based in Denmark.
Acquisition of the oncology division of Agios Pharmaceuticals in the US.
Servier unveils its 2030 ambition and reveals a new visual identity.
Opening of the Servier Research and Development Institute at Paris-Saclay, France. Bio-S: start of operations at the bioproduction unit in Gidy, France.