LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER (“SERVIER” or “We”), SAS – a simplified joint-stock company with a capital of 34,590,852 euros, registered with the Trade and Companies’ Register of Nanterre under the number 085 480 796, the head office of which is located at 50, rue Carnot – 92284 Suresnes – France – Tel: 00 33 (0)1 55 72 60 00. LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER is a company of SERVIER, offers this website in order to give general information on LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER, its activity, its organisation, its research, its human resources policy, its communication, its products, offers and services, and its news and events. It should be noted that we do not publish and we do not supply services addressed at children.
1. What data do we collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data from users of Our Site:
- Data that you give to us through your use of the Contact space of Our Site: last name, first name, email address, telephone number, postal address.
- Data that you give to us in order to access the press space: Last name, first name, professional email address, media.
- Data that we collect automatically for statistical purposes using cookies: pages visited, dates and times of access, preferred content, operating system, type of browser used, type of hardware used, etc. It must be noted that our statistics cookies do not allow the personal identification of a natural person.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal data means any information that can identify you directly or indirectly.
2. How do we use your data?
Under the GDPR, our use of your personal data must always have a lawful basis. This is maybe because the data are necessary or because it is in our legitimate business interest to use them.
Your data may be used for the following purposes:
- To produce statistical analyses, particularly of Site traffic.
- To manage and improve the Site for optimal User browsing.
- To respond to requests or questions by Users and to provide them with technical assistance, if needed.
- To monitor requests made about our products or services.
- To process pharmacovigilance case reports regarding our products or services.
- To process suspected counterfeiting declarations on our products / services.
- To process suspected quality defects declarations on our products / services.
- To process unsolicited applications posted in the Career space.
- To comply with the legal and regulatory obligations applicable to LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER.
- Allow the processing of access to the Press space;
- We do not further process the data in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes described above.
We do not further process the data in a manner that is incompatible with the purposes described above.
3. What are your rights?
You have the right to request access and obtain information about your personal data; update, correct or delete your personal data; restrict or oppose (for legitimate reasons) the processing of your personal data by contacting the SERVIER Data Protection Officer (DPO):
Data Protection Officer
Les Laboratoires Servier
50, rue Carnot
92284 Suresnes Cedex
Should you have any cause for complaint regarding our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority of your country.
4. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data collected by SERVIER are kept in a form that permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. More specifically:
- Personal data collected for audience measurement purposes are kept for 24 hours.
- Personal data collected for research activities are kept in the information systems of the data controller, participating center or healthcare professional taking part in the research until the study product is marketed or until 2 years following the last publication of the study results or, in the absence of publication, until the signature of the final study report. The data are then archived in paper or electronic form for a period in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal data collected for pharmacovigilance activities are kept for 10 years after the relevant marketing authorization has ceased to exist; the data are then deleted or archived in an anonymized form, unless otherwise envisaged by mandatory local regulations.
- Personal data collected for the management of medical information are kept for 10 years after your request.
- Personal data collected for scientific medical liaison with healthcare professionals are kept for 5 years after your last interaction with SERVIER, then are archived for 5 years and deleted.
- Personal data collected for managing relationships with healthcare professionals in connection with clinical trials are kept until the study product is marketed or until the final study report or until the publication of the study results. They are then archived in paper or electronic form for a period in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal data collected for communication and relationship management and promotional activities (contacts with healthcare professionals) are kept for 5 years after your last interaction with SERVIER, then archived for 5 years and deleted.
- Personal data collected for transparency management are kept, archived and destroyed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Personal data collected for the management of the press space is kept during the validity of the Press account. They are deleted 48 hours after the request to close the account;
- Personal data collected for any other type of correspondence are kept for 13 months.
5. How do we safeguard your personal data?
We have put in place appropriate and commercially reasonable technical and organisational security measures to store your personal data that we collect and to keep confidential and to protect them against unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or access, accidental loss, destruction, alteration or damage taking into consideration the state of art of technology and the cost of implementation.
6. Do we share your personal data?
Your personal data processed by LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients on a need to know basis or where required by law, including but not limited to:
- The departments and personnel of LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER and other legal entities of the Servier Group with a need to know.
- The suppliers and service providers, acting as subcontractors of LES LABORATOIRES SERVIER, in particular those responsible for managing the Site, who may be called upon to access the personal data of Users for purposes strictly necessary for their work.
- The competent authorities such as health authorities in certain legally-defined cases.
7. Applicable law
The present policy is governed by French law, in respect both of the substantial rules and the formal rules. All disagreements shall be brought before the courts with jurisdiction of Paris (France).
Any application of the rules of conflict of laws which restricts full application of French law is consequently excluded hereby. Consequently, French law applies to all Users which browse the Website and which use all or part of its functions.
In the event of a divergence between the information presented in the French version of the Website and that presented in the English version of the said Website, the information presented in the Website’s French version shall take precedence.