Paris, October 3rd, 2019 – Servier, an international independent pharmaceutical company, and its Mécénat Servier Charity Fund, launched the microDON initiative for Servier employees in France, in October 2019. This initiative reinforces the charitable commitment of Servier’s staff.
The salary microdonation is an innovative system that relies on participatory donations. It allows Servier employees in France to volunteer to support associations who have partnered with the activity by making a microdonation each month, which is directly debited from their net salary, with the possibility of rounding it up from 1€ to 10€ maximum. The microdonation is flexible and can be suspended, increased, or decreased from one month to the next.
End of September 2020, the Mécénat Servier Charity Fund will join in with this solidarity initiative by matching the sum donated by the employees, from October 2019 to September 2020.
“The salary microdonation is a simple way of giving Servier employees in France the opportunity to support associations who fight for health, education, and the coexistence of the most vulnerable people on a daily basis,” stated Corinne Massin, Director of the Mécénat and General Delegate of the Mécénat Servier Charity Fund. “This initiative demonstrates the values of solidarity and sharing that have always existed within the Servier Group.”
For this initiative, Mécénat Servier has partnered with microDON, a Social and Solidarity Economy Startup which is developing innovative solutions to facilitate citizen engagement in employees.
The donations collected will be transferred to one of the three associations preselected by the employees following an internal survey.
- ACTION ENFANCE, a French foundation that welcomes, protects, and educates children in danger, from early childhood to adult life. It offers these children, who have been separated from their families following the decision of a juvenile court judge, a stable, protective, educational environment, to help them grow up under better conditions and become integrated into society.
- L’ENVOL, a French association that is part of the international network the “SeriousFun Children’s Network,” which fights against the exclusion of families confronted with the trauma of a child’s illness, via 3 completely free actions: the organization of specially adapted holiday camps to help with self-confidence, educational days based on fun activities, and the transformation of time spent at the hospital into moments of entertainment and exchange.
- THE CUOMO CENTRE FOR PAEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGY, a humanitarian project in partnership with La Chaîne de L’Espoir that led to the opening in 2017 of a Heart Institute in Dakar to fill the need in Senegal and in the West African sub-region. It concentrates on management of children with cardiac conditions. Mécénat Servier finances the training of the whole surgical team and the care of children undergoing open-heart surgery.
The employee, a key player in the engagement of the Servier Group
This new initiative on the part of Servier represents the continuation of the mobilization actions for solidarity aimed at making employees key players in the social engagement of the Group.
Other actions include:
- Skills-based sponsorship, which gives employees the option of donating their time and professional or personal skills for 2 days per year, in work time, to a partner charity or association, to carry out useful activities.
- Le Congé Solidaire® in partnership with Planète Urgence, offers employees the option of completing a 2-week mission of international solidarity, during their vacation time. The cost of flights and accommodation are covered by Mécénat Servier.
- One-off specific campaigns supported by the charity fund, such as the collection of 2355 pairs of secondhand glasses throughout 13 subsidiaries of the Group for the Helen Keller International and Lunettes Sans Frontière associations, or the collection of 152 kits containing personal hygiene and beauty products for the Féminité sans abri
- Solidarity retreats provide the different divisions of the company with the opportunity to spend a day creating a link between the world of social economy and solidarity and the values of the Group, for the benefit of an association.
The creation of the Mécénat Servier Charity Fund in November 2016 marked a new phase in the charitable commitment of the Servier Group. It concretizes the committed actions carried out by Servier for more than 50 years, with 3 centers of commitment: health, education, and better living together. Via Mécénat Servier, the Group conveys its belief in corporate citizenship, by supporting initiatives for the greater good and by offering employees a means of being at the center of this engagement.
Servier is an international pharmaceutical company governed by a non-profit foundation, with its headquarters in France (Suresnes). With a strong international presence in 149 countries and a turnover of 4.2 billion euros in 2018, Servier employs 22 000 people worldwide. Entirely independent, the Group reinvests 25% of its turnover (excluding generics) in research and development and uses all its profits for development. Corporate growth is driven by Servier’s constant search for innovation in five areas of excellence: cardiovascular, immune-inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases, cancer and diabetes, as well as by its activities in high-quality generic drugs. Servier also offers eHealth solutions beyond drug development.
More information: www.servier.com
Sonia Marques : firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 (0)1 55 72 40 21 / + 33 (0) 7 84 28 76 13
Jean-Clément Vergeau : email@example.com – Tel. +33 (0)1 55 72 46 16 / + 33 (0) 6 79 56 75 96
 Internal survey conducted by 4666 Servier employees on permanent and short-term contracts in France from 04/06/2019 to18/06/2019.