We are an independent group governed by a foundation: Servier International Research Foundation
(Fondation Internationale de Recherche Servier – FIRS).
– independence, stability and sustainability,
– unity and harmony,
– being a group of people and not of capital.
This structure allows the group’s vocation to express itself fully: to be committed to therapeutic progress for the benefit of patients.
The general principle of this unique structure is to dissociate the power (i.e. administration and control) from the ownership of capital (i.e. the group’s assets).WHY A FOUNDATION ?
– The power is ensured by a governance foundation named ‘FIRS’ (Fondation Internationale de Recherche Servier) without capital and not for profit; This includes the power to appoint or dismiss group leaders;
– The capital of the group is held, in part, by French non-profit associations and is self-regulated for the remaining parts (legal structure enabling a company to hold its own capital);
– The holding company of the group (Servier SAS) is therefore not held by any individual. It reinvests all its profits into therapeutic progress and company growth.
The FIRS foundation comprises the following bodies:
Part of the capital is held by French non-profit associations and the remaining part is owned by the group itself (legal structure enabling a company to hold its own capital).
The members of the associations are the group companies.
The purpose of these associations is the development of research and medical knowledge.
As mentioned above, the holding company of the group (Servier SAS) is not held by any individual.
It controls 100% of the group’s operating subsidiaries worldwide.
Servier SAS pays no dividends and so can plow back all its profits into therapeutic progress and company growth.